(Effective September 30, 2015)
First Republic Bank (“we”) respects your desire for privacy. This Online and Mobile
banking services available through www.firstrepublic.com
(the “Site”) and any of our mobile sites or applications (the “Apps”)
(collectively, the “Services”). If you are, or become our customer, please click this link to our
Policy (PDF) for more information and options regarding the information we receive while providing you our Services.
Personally Identifiable Information
When you use the Services, you may be prompted to submit certain personally
identifiable information such as your name, postal or email address, or telephone number (“Personally Identifiable Information”).
To enroll for certain products or Services, you may also be prompted to submit additional Personally Identifiable Information,
such as your username, password, date of birth, social security number, government issued ID number (such as your driver’s license number)
and bank account information. In providing you Services, we may also collect Personally Identifiable Information related to your online
banking activities and/or other financial transactions. Your decision to submit any Personally Identifiable Information to us through the
Site or Apps is always voluntary, but may be required in order for you to use or access specific Services.
The Services also may allow you to submit Personally Identifiable Information about other individuals. For example, an App may
allow you to make a payment to an individual on the contacts list on your mobile device, by selecting and transmitting that
individual’s contact information to us through the App. If you choose to provide us with Personally Identifiable Information
about another individual, you confirm that you are legally entitled to share that information with us.
We may use Personally Identifiable Information for a variety of purposes allowed by law, such as:
- To communicate with you, including in response to your inquiries, to fulfill your requests, and to inform you of changes to terms and conditions relating to the products you receive from us or the Services in which you are enrolled;
- To provide you with information about our products and services;
- To allow you to apply for our products and services and to evaluate your eligibility for such products or services, including your credit worthiness;
- To maintain and upgrade the security of the Services and any data or information collected;
- To prevent fraud, including by confirming your identity and/or location;
- To improve our Services’ interface and functionality;
- To allow you to access features within the Site or Apps, when you request those features;
- To personalize your Services by presenting First Republic products and offers tailored to you;
- For legal, compliance and risk management purposes; and
- Other legally permissible or everyday business purposes, including data analysis, product development, and compliance with law enforcement and other legal processes.
We may share Personally Identifiable Information collected through the Services with our affiliates and certain third-party service providers for the purposes described in this Policy.
- Service Providers: We use service providers to deliver services to you on our behalf, such as bill payment, money transfers, check processing, wiring services and payment solutions. We share your Personally Identifiable Information with these service providers so they can deliver such services.
While using or accessing the Services, our third-party service providers may also receive, or collect certain information about you, such as:
- Your IP address: the numeric address assigned to the device (e.g., computer, smartphone) you are using when you access our servers;
- Information through your browser or device: hardware and browser information of your computer or device, including Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type and brand, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, browser type, and language used;
- Information through your use of an App: App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers, what information and files have been downloaded to the App;
- Your physical location: if you use the App, the physical location of your device through the use of, for example, Bluetooth, satellite, cell phone tower, WiFi signals, or other technologies. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services, content, and offers, such as: informing you when you are approaching one of our ATMs, or banking locations, or offering you a coupon or reward that can be redeemed at a nearby location. We also may use your device’s physical location for fraud prevention purposes, if you are conducting a transaction. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device’s location, but if you choose to deny such uses and/or sharing, we may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
- Information from you: information such as your state of residence as well as other information provided by you.
- Aggregated data: data we create or compile, or have created or compiled by our service providers, by aggregating data from various sources (including information collected by cookies, from accounts, transaction information, and any other information, including Personally Identifiable Information, collected through the Services), which does not personally identify you, or any other individual (“Aggregated Data”). We may use and share Aggregated Data for business purposes, including data analytics, research, marketing products and services to you, and other legal or business purposes.
We use information described in this section for purposes such as:
- calculating usage levels of the Services;
- helping diagnose technical issues;
- assessing the performance of our promotional campaigns;
- updating and improving our Services;
- performing maintenance and administrating our Services;
- ensuring that the Services we provide are working properly; and
- any other permissible purpose under applicable law.
Our Apps may allow you to use third-party authentication features, such as biometric technology (such as fingerprint scanning), to access the App on your device. We do not receive your fingerprint or other biometric data when you choose to use such features.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personally Identifiable Information that we maintain within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system is 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us at the telephone number listed below.
Updating Your Personally Identifiable Information
If you would like to update Personally Identifiable Information that you have provided to us through the Services, you may contact us at the address listed below.
First Republic Bank
ATTN: Customer Care Center
111 Pine Street
San Francisco, CA 94111
Phone: (888) 408-0288
Fax: (415) 392-1413
You may also update your information through the Site, by clicking on the “Secure Sign In” button available here, and then going to your “Account Information” page.
Links to Other Websites
Our Services may feature links to third-party websites that offer goods, services or information. When you click on one of these links, you will be leaving our Services and will no longer be subject to this Policy. We are not responsible for the information collection practices of the other websites that you visit, and urge you to review their privacy policies before you provide them with any personally identifiable information. Third-party sites or services may collect and use information about you in a way that is different from this Policy.
Changes to this Policy
Please note that we may transfer Personally Identifiable Information to a third-party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock.
If you have any questions regarding this Policy, you can call us at 1-888-408-0288.